Learn how to make three mini snow globe lip balms. These cute diy projects are fun and easy to make.
Affiliate links are provided on this page for your convenience. Here is our disclosure policy.
Paint your lip balm containers
To get started you will need some empty lip gloss or bead containers. Also you’ll need some acrylic paint to paint the bottom of the containers. In this project, sterling silver colored paint was used. You can either use a paintbrush or swirl the container in the paint until it is coated. After you’ve finished painting the lip balm containers put them aside to dry. Another option if you don’t want to paint the bottom, you can use some thin duct tape and just go around the bottom with it.
Make your own lip balm
Place a glass container onto a mug warmer, you can also use the double boiler method. Add one tablespoon of beeswax and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and let it melt down. Once it is melted down, to give it some scent, use vanilla extract or whatever you like. Just mix a little bit of that in and stir it together. To tint the lip balm use a little piece of lipstick. Just cut off a little piece and put that into the mixture and let that melt down. When that is finished, pour the lip balm mixture into the bottom of the lip balm container and set that in the refrigerator for about 15 to 30 minutes to cool.
Create a mini snow globe
Now to make the snow globe part, use the top from the lip balm container. For the first one little gingerbread beads are used, you can use any type of bead or you can make your own creation with polymer clay.
- Simply use a hot glue gun to hot glue the pieces onto the top of the lip balm container.
- Once the pieces are glued on, just let the hot glue cool down.
- Next you’ll need some one ounce portion cups. Add water to the portion cup about halfway to three-quarters up.
- Add some iridescent glitter to the water and stir
- Clean off the top inside part of the cup to make sure that there is no water or glitter there.
- With some hot glue go around the top part of the lip balm container using a fairly thick amount, then turn the lip balm lid upside down and place it in the cup making sure to set it in straight. Let the glue cool down for about five to ten minutes before flipping it over.
Snow globe with Chapstick lip balm
With the second snow globe, for the lip balm use a Chapstick.
- Use a mug warmer and a glass container to melt down a Chapstick and for the tint melt in lipstick again.
- Once it has melted down, add some peppermint flavor to this one (optional step)
- Use one of the painted containers and add the lip balm mixture to that, let it cool in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes
- This snow globe uses a mini Christmas tree, if you don’t have one of these you can also make a mini Christmas tree out of green pipe cleaners. Add some hot glue to the bottom of the tree and secure that to the top of the lip balm container lid.
- Use some fake snow that you can find at Walmart, the dollar store or a craft store, fill the portion cup about a quarter to half the way up.
- Hot glue the top portion of the lip balm container upside down to the cup filled with snow.
- Once the hot glue cools down then you can flip it over
That’s the Christmas tree with snow globe lip balm.
Make a snowman snow globe lip balm
For the last snow globe lip balm use the same procedure of melting down 1 tablespoon of beeswax and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Once that has melted down if you want to add flavoring, just mix that in. Tint this using some eyeshadow, once it’s all mixed together then just add the mixture to the bottom portion of the lip balm container and set that in the refrigerator to cool. It’s not as pigmented after it cools as when you first put the tint in.
- On the portion cup, just use some Sharpie markers and draw on a snowman face.
- The fake snow for this is epson salt, fill the portion cup between half and three-quarters full with epsom salt
- Hot glue around the top portion of the lip balm container top and then glue it upside down to the portion cup
- Once the hot glue has cooled down flip it over